Tuesday, October 26, 2004

SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recieived this amazing piece of spam which somehow found its way into my inbox breaching Yahoo!' s much vaunted spam filtering.Yahoo! Gmail just kicks your a**. (btw guys have u noticed Yahoo! has blatantly ripped a lot features from Gmail like address autocomplete and all.) personally i think Gmail has been in beta way too long. Time is ripe for regular junta to feel its awesome power. Anyways getting back; just read the mail. My thoughts are in italics just like this para and everything that stands straight up like this is the creation of some loser spammer


I am highly compelled upon strict recommendation,(who the hell recommeds my name unh?) to write you this very urgent and confidential letter.(no longer coz it's on my blog) I do hope my letter will not embarrass you(not in the least bit) since I had no previous correspondence with you.

I am sending this proposal with due sense of humanity, responsibility and with few awareness(is that correct English) that you will give it a sympathetic attention.(yeah right lots of it) I regret the inconvenience it may cause you.(no incovenience dude. U've given me a blog post)


I am PETER MALUSI the son of Dr. SIMON MALUSI, who was murdered in the land dispute in Zimbabwe.(sorry to know that seriously)


I got your contact from South Africa Chambers of Commerce (i have never left this country and just because i share my birthday with Gandhi doesn't mean i have something to do with South Africa) when I was searching for a reliable and reputable person(yeah that i am!!) to handle a very confidential transaction which involves a transfer of fund to a foreign account(not sure if i have any local a/c ) and I decided to write you, my late father was among the few black Zimbabwean rich farmers murdered in cold blood by the agents of the ruling government of president Robert Mugabe, for his alleged support and sympathy for the Zimbabwean opposition party controlled by the white minority. Before his death he had taken to Johannesburg South Africa to deposit the sum of US$ 10.5 Million (Ten Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) (i can read numbers no need to spell it out) with a Security and Finance Company as if he foresaw the looming danger in Zimbabwe. The money was deposited as valuables to avoid much demurrage from the Security Company.


This money was embarked for the purchase of new machinery and Chemical(forgot the plural) for farms and the establishment of new farms in Lesotho and Swaziland. This land problem arose when President Robert Mugabe introduced a new land act that wholly affected the rich white farmers and some few blacks that vehemently condemned the "modus operandi" adopted by the government. It is against this background that I and my family (should be family and I. Didn't u learn English in Zim or did u study Swahili)who are currently residing in South Africa as refugees have decided to transfer my Father's money into a foreign account.As the eldest son of my Father, I am saddled with the responsibility of seeking a genuine foreign account where this money could be transferred and Invested. More so, the South African Foreign Exchange policy does not allow such investment hence I am seeking for an "asylum".(i suggest Kilpauk)


I must let you know that this transaction is 100% risk free and the nature of your business does not necessarily matter. For your assistance, we are offering you 20% of the total sum, 70% for me and my family while 10% will be mapped out for any expenses we may incure during this transaction.

We wish to invest our money based on your advice.(my advice is give me all of it)


Finally, if this proposal is acceptable by you, please confirm your interest via my phone number or you reply through email.


Best Regards.


PETER MALUSI. (For the family) (if u're from the family shouldn't ur second name be Corleone?)